Friday, August 7, 2009

A SUCCESSiON OF LAYERS


There's something about layered chains that makes anything looks edgy or classy, but it can only be chain links or pearls or both together. They give an outfit a little extra something that takes it from a plain t-shirt and jeans into a street chic outfit.

These necklaces are a DO. They are a DO to me because they are either chain links, pearls or both. I don't like anything else layered instead of bulky chains. There should be at least 2 different colors in the necklace, the links should be white, black, gold or silver and the pearls should be white. There also can be 2 chains black or white should be 1 color of the chain and the other chain should be gold or silver. I'm not a big fan of plastic jewelry singular, so paired with a gold or silver piece it works. It doesn't look cheesy or cheap. These 2 necklaces are a DON'T to me, even though I love these two women as my fashion icons these necklaces DO NOT work for me. On SJP she has 3 different necklaces on that don't go. The last necklace is layered enough and works by itself. The other two need to go. On Blake, that necklace is just too rocky for me, lol. That necklace seems like it goes more with a bohemian look, not a red carpet elegant look. Secondly the top layer of the necklace is way too tight around her neck. It just doesn't work for me

No comments:

Post a Comment