Thursday, August 13, 2009

PUT SOME 'PREP' iN YOUR STEP

2007 was when I started attending the Fashion Institute of Technology for high school courses for fabric painting, sketching, etc. So in 2007 is when I started to read a lot of fashion magazines. This Balenciaga Fall 2007 RTW collection excited me so much. For 1 reason, the theme of the collection seemed very preppy and in 2007, my style was preppy, I finally got to see high fashion labels besides Tommy Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren do a preppy style collection. But the thing that fathomed me the most was that it wasn't standard prep. This collection showed me that I can do a style but it doesn't have to be by the book. So here is an ode to this collection, some of my favorite pieces.



I really loved the balloon pants, even tho they are not so traditional as prep style is, the material of the pants makes it allowable to wear for this style. Its modern prep, preppy with a twist.




This outfit is a 'classic' modern prep for me, the blazer is classic but the color makes it modern. Striped shirts are classic prep, the scarf throws off the traditional style, and the color of the pants takes the prep look to new heights.


This outfit is cliche prepster but when you add the scarf
and heels it gives the whole outfit a edgy and high fashion look.


What I love most about this outfit is the blazer. It reminds me of a jacket that Napoleon Bonaparte had on in paintings. It is reminiscent of a military style, which is also another style I am fond of. Merging two styles here work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment